Tuesday 28 August 2012

Summer and Bank Holiday Crafting...

Hello!  We had some more lovely summer weather. I am glad to say that these hot days fell on the weekend. This meant Matt and I could dust off the BBQ and enjoy some late night star gazing sitting outside in the garden.
Unfortunately our Bank holiday plans did not quite work out due to Matt's work commitments, but it ended up as quite a nice weekend of crafting for me! It kicked off with a day spent with the Benfleet Scrappers where we were treated with two classes.  A beautiful Canvas LO designed by Jackie Da Silva who runs Benfleet Scrappers.

We then made this lovely Mini Book with Emma 
I have never been very keen on Mini Books, but the bug definitely bit me. I love miniature elements, book rings and tiny pearls etc.  It all works so wonderfully together in a mini book that I am not quite sure why I have never fallen for the charm of the Mini before...?

I then spent the afternoon on Bank Holiday Monday making cards with my leftover paper scraps from both classes. 
I got this stitched "hello" idea from the gorgeous Amy Tan.  Mine does not look as good though, but I will be practising! ;)  I also love these tiny words stamps by Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday. They work for everything from Project life to cards!
Louie had an operation, but he is recovering well.  He is back to running around causing havoc where ever he goes... Love him to bits! :)
Thanks for stopping by today!
Cindy x

No comments:

Post a Comment